Day 1: Oudtshoorn
The charming town of Oudtshoorn, situated in the Klein Karoo is home to South Africa’s ostrich farm industry and the world famous Cango Cave
- Wine Tasting Robertson
- Visit The Ostrich Farm
Dinner & overnight stay in Oudtshoorn
Day 2: Knysna / Plettenberg Bay
Knysna, situated between lush forests and the shores of a peaceful lagoon offers a wide variety of activities and attractions.
- Cango Caves
- Knysna Heads And Waterfront
- Elephant Park (Optional)
- Plettenberg Bay
Dinner & overnight stay in Knysna
Day 3: Mossel Bay
Depart from your hotel to Mossel Bay. Venture on a 4X4 Safari, one of the biggest attractions on the Garden route.
- Visit Mossel
- 4X4 Safari (Duration 2h)
The Garden Route is possibly one of the most beautifully scenic routes you will ever encounter. Travelling from Cape Town to Knysna lets you embark on a journey across a wide variety of landscapes, from the arid region of the Karoo to the lush forests, valleys and rivers guiding you to the preserved beaches along the beautiful coastline. From the bustling harbour town of Knysna, to the breath-taking beauty of Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve, the popular beaches of Plettenberg Bay and Mossel Bay and the rich natural wonders of Oudtshoorn, a tour of the Garden Route will sure leave you with a thousand new memories.
For adventure enthusiasts, the Garden Route is home of many outdoor activities, with plenty of options to suit every taste. Tree-top cannopy walks, river rafting, bungee jumping, surfing, cave explorations, ostrich riding and kayaking are all activities that can be found along the Garden Route. Photographic opportunities abound too; with some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes to be found – Nature’s Valley, the Cango Caves and the elephant park are just some of the sights you will be able to capture on film.
Top Tips for Garden Route Tours
Whether you are visiting the Garden Route and greater Cape Province for the first time, or you are a newcomer to the Cape region, Garden Route tours are sure to leave you with memories to last a lifetime. To ensure that your trip is a safe and happy one, consider these travel tips:
- Take Care When Partaking In Adventure Sports, And Follow Your Guide’s Instructions At All Times To Ensure That You Stay Safe.
- Do Not Attempt To Explore The Cango Caves Alone – While The Cave Systems May Seem Simple, Some Of Them Are Very Complex And Getting Lost Or Injured Is Not Impossible.
- Be Careful When Approaching Wild Animals That You May Encounter At The Cheetah Park Or Crocodile Farm And Follow Instructions From The Guides At These Parks.
- While The Garden Route Is General Safe And Free Of Serious Crime, Petty Crime Can Sometimes Occur – Keep Valuables Safely Locked Up And Do Not Leave Any Items In Your Car During Activities And Excursions.
- Remember That The Sun Beats Down Hard In The Cape, So Sunscreen, Hats And Sunglasses Are Essential Items For All Tours In Cape Town And Surrounds.