Day 1: Oudtshoorn
The charming town of Oudtshoorn, situated in the Klein Karoo is home to South Africa’s ostrich farm industry and the world famous Cango Cave
- Wine Tasting Robertson
- Visit The Ostrich Farm
Dinner & overnight stay in Oudtshoorn
Day 2: Knysna / Plettenberg Bay
Knysna, situated between lush forests and the shores of a peaceful lagoon offers a wide variety of activities and attractions.
- Cango Caves
- Knysna Heads And Waterfront
- Elephant Park (Optional)
- Plettenberg Bay
Dinner & overnight stay in Knysna
Day 3: Mossel Bay
Depart from your hotel to Mossel Bay. Venture on a 4X4 Safari, one of the biggest attractions on the Garden route.
- Visit Mossel
- 4X4 Safari (Duration 2h)
Taking their name from the endless landscapes of lush, green vegetation, Garden Route tours offer the best of the Cape’s natural splendour. With oceans, forests, nature reserves, rivers and many other beautiful habitats to explore, the Garden Route is teeming with things to see and do. The best way to get a full taste of everything that this region has to offer is a three day tour through African Eagle Daytour, taking you across the area’s top attractions in a memorable tour that is sure to be the highlight of your stay in the Cape.
About Garden Route Tours
Situated just outside of Cape Town, the Garden Route is the last stop before the Eastern Cape. The region boasts a number of spectacular sights and attractions, along with many fascinating small towns and villages that lie along the coast. Garden Route tours are excellent for those who enjoy adventure and outdoor activities, with plenty of options to suit every taste. From the bustling harbour town of Knysna, to the breath-taking beauty of Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve, the popular beaches of Plettenberg Bay and Mossel Bay and the rich natural wonders of Oudtshoorn, you will certainly be spoiled for choice when it comes to world-class attractions.
Cape Tours – Things to Do
Cape tours across the Garden Route and beyond offer a wide range of things to see and do, from bungee jumping to tree canopy tours, Cango Caves exploration, cheetah petting, wildlife viewing, birdwatching, river rafting, hiking, walks and many other things in-between. Each day of the three day Garden Route adventure offers a chance to explore the area’s top destinations thoroughly, getting a taste of local culture and sights. Photographic opportunities abound too; with some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes to be found – Nature’s Valley, the Cango Caves and the elephant park are just some of the sights you will be able to capture on film forever.
Top Tips for Tours in Cape Town
Whether you are visiting the Garden Route and greater Cape Province for the first time, or you are a newcomer to the Cape region, Garden Route tours are sure to leave you with memories to last a lifetime. To ensure that your trip is a safe and happy one, consider these travel tips:
- Take Care When Partaking In Adventure Sports, And Follow Your Guide’s Instructions At All Times To Ensure That You Stay Safe.
- Do Not Attempt To Explore The Cango Caves Alone – While The Cave Systems May Seem Simple, Some Of Them Are Very Complex And Getting Lost Or Injured Is Not Impossible.
- Be Careful When Approaching Wild Animals That You May Encounter At The Cheetah Park Or Crocodile Farm And Follow Instructions From The Guides At These Parks.
- While The Garden Route Is General Safe And Free Of Serious Crime, Petty Crime Can Sometimes Occur – Keep Valuables Safely Locked Up And Do Not Leave Any Items In Your Car During Activities And Excursions.
- Remember That The Sun Beats Down Hard In The Cape, So Sunscreen, Hats And Sunglasses Are Essential Items For All Tours In Cape Town And Surrounds.