Day 1: Oudtshoorn
Depart from your hotel in Cape Town and travel via Robertson winelands.
- Wine Tasting On Route To In Robertson Area
- Ostrich Farm
Dinner & overnight stay in Oudtshoorn
Day 2: Oudtshoorn/ Knysna
Visit the charming town of Oudtshoorn,,home to South Africa’s ostrich farm industry and the world famous Cango Caves as well as Knysna,situated between lush forests and the shores of a peaceful lagoon offers a wide variety of activities and attractions.
- Cango Caves
- Elephant Park (Optional)
Dinner & overnight stay in Knysna
Day 3: Tsitsikamma / Plettenberg Bay
Tsitsikamma is an area characterised by large tracts of indigenous forests, deep river gorges and magniﬁcent coastlines
- Natures Valley
- Monkeyland & Birds Of Eden (Optional)
- Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve
- Plettenberg Bay
Taking its name from the endless landscapes of lush, green vegetation, the Garden Route offers the best of the Cape’s natural splendour. With the Indian Ocean, forests, nature reserves, rivers and many other beautiful habitats to explore, the Garden Route has plenty of sights to see and activities to experience. The many fascinating small towns and villages that lie along the coast are not be missed. Photographic opportunities are abound too; with some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes to be found in Nature’s Valley, the Cango Caves and the elephant park.The route from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth will have you cut across the Western Cape all the way to the beginning of the Eastern Cape, across the desert region of the Karoo, the vast river panes and green valleys of the Knysna and Tsitsikamma region, to the quaint sea side town and harbour villages where time seems to stop. This trip is organized in a way that allows you to take full advantage of the Garden Route without spending too much on accommodation. The comfortable Bed & Breakfasts along the way will leave you well rested and ready to tackle another exciting day along the Garden Route.
Top Tips for Garden Route Tours
Whether you are visiting the Garden Route and greater Cape Province for the first time, or you are a newcomer to the Cape region, Garden Route tours are sure to leave you with memories to last a lifetime. To ensure that your trip is a safe and happy one, consider these travel tips:
- Take Care When Partaking In Adventure Sports, And Follow Your Guide’s Instructions At All Times To Ensure That You Stay Safe.
- Do Not Attempt To Explore The Cango Caves Alone – While The Cave Systems May Seem Simple, Some Of Them Are Very Complex And Getting Lost Or Injured Is Not Impossible.
- Be Careful When Approaching Wild Animals That You May Encounter At The Cheetah Park Or Crocodile Farm And Follow Instructions From The Guides At These Parks.
- While The Garden Route Is General Safe And Free Of Serious Crime, Petty Crime Can Sometimes Occur – Keep Valuables Safely Locked Up And Do Not Leave Any Items In Your Car During Activities And Excursions.
- Remember That The Sun Beats Down Hard In The Cape, So Sunscreen, Hats And Sunglasses Are Essential Items For All Tours In Cape Town And Surrounds.