Winelands Full Day
Attention wine lovers!
The Stellenbosch winelands, only 20 minutes away from the city of Cape Town, offer a superb scenery, completely different to the landscape of the Cape peninsula. Numerous grapes are grown in the region such as Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, Pinotage and the Méthode Cap Classique (local champagne). The town of Stellenbosch is a small but very vibrant town with a very famous university and numerous activities such a wine cellar tours and tastings. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home to enjoy the region’s wonderful vintages after your visit.
Franschhoek (“the french corner”) is an old Huguenot village. With its numerous streets and estates with french names, the town will make you feel completely disoriented, feeling like you were in France in another era. You will be completely enchanted by the town’s charm and its very peaceful environment. You will get the chance to taste the region’s delicacies, cheeses and its best wines.
Drakenstein (Victor Verster) is a low-security prison between Paarl and Franschhoek. The prison is famous for being the location where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment for campaigning against apartheid.
The town of Paarl offers a great window into Afrikaner culture and tradition.The district is particularly well known for its Pearl Mountain or “Paarl Rock”. This huge granite rock is formed by three rounded outcrops that make up Paarl Mountain and has been compared in majesty to Uluru (formerly known as Ayers Rock) in Australia. You will also be able to visit the town’s vineyards where you will taste the region’s finest wines.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel or guesthouse around Cape Town.
- Cellar Tour
- Three Wine Tastings
- One Cheese Tasting
- Optional Visits
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITION OF SALES
- Not Available On 25th December And New Years Day
- General Information And Conditions Of Carriage Prices, Routes, Places Of Interest, Destinations, Hotels And Restaurants Are Subject To Availability And To Change
- Tour Departure And Arrival Are Approximate
- German, French, Spanish As Well As Other Foreign Language Guides Are Available On Request
- All Our Vehicles Are Insured Substantially For Passenger Liability
- All Tours Are Subject To Minimum Number Of Passengers
- Luggage And Personal Possessions Are Carried At Your Own Risk
- Please Ensure That Valuables And Travel Documents Are Kept Safe At All Times
- Cash Payments Are To Be Made In South Africa Rands Unless Alternative Arrangements Have Been Made
- Full Payment Is To Be Made Directly To The Guide On Commencement Of The Tour, Unless Otherwise Arranged